Here a lentil salad made from whole dark green lentils, also known as French lentils, French green lentils, or Puy lentils. I cook the lentils like an Indian daal and also as a salad. This variety is better for salads because they are very firm, even after cooking. I often make them for the girls' lunch boxes.
Here are the ingredients you need
250 g dried lentils, soaked overnight
4-5 cherry tomatoes or 2 medium-sized tomatoes
1 small piece of feta cheese
2 spring onions
1 green chilli
1 bunch of coriander
1 teaspoon grated ginger Salt Black pepper
1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
1. Wash the lentils with cold water and let them soak overnight.
2. Cook the lentils in 300 ml cold water with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds and ½ cm piece of ginger in a pressure cooker for 10-12 minutes.
3. Leave to cool.
4. Place the lentils in a colander and let cool further.
5. Put the lentils in a bowl with the above ingredients and mix well.
6. Let the salad sit for an hour before serving. I always use salt and some spices to cook the lentils. That's how they're seasoned.
You can adjust the ingredients to your taste. The lentils need 10-12 minutes in the pressure cooker, 30 minutes, if you cook them, uncovered and they need more water.