This summer I planted just one Zucchini plant but it seems to feel a lot loved by me and R and the result is we are getting a lot of Zucchini's
Zucchini is a very versatile vegetable I think! Its very much used in the Italian and the medetarrian kitchen but If I cook it indian style, it adapts to the Indian spices very well. I love this vegetable.
I have been making something or the other with them. Today is a very simple way I cooked the Zucchini and I served it with Rice and red kidney beans or Rajma-Chawal.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 large Zucchini or two medium ones
- 1/2 tsp of nigella seeds
- 2 dried red chilis
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- a bit lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
1. Wash the Zucchini and cut it into
very small cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, when it starts to smoke, reduce the heat and add the nigella seeds and the red chilis.
3. Let them splutter for about 30 seconds.
4. Now add the Zucchini and all the spices except the lime juice.
5. Mix it all well and cook it covered for about 5 mts.
6. Stir it once again and cook it further for 3-4 minutes.
7. Now reduce the heat, add the lime juice and cook it open for a minute or two.
8. Close the heat and serve it hot as a side dish with any Indian meal.