This Smoothie recipe is absolutely easy with just three simple ingredients. Here is what you will need for 4 glasses:
- 1 kg fresh strawberries
- 1 and half glass chilled water
- about 2 tbsp syrup
1. Wash the strawberries well, I usually soak them in cold water for a few minutes, hull them and give them a quick soak again for a minute. Just to be sure there is no dirt or sand, otherwise it's a mood killer.
2. Put them in a jar
3. Add the water and the syrup and blitz it, I use my kenwood handmixer for almost anything.
4. I had Holunder syrup today so I used them but I prefer to use a raspberry one if I have.
5. Sometimes I also use 2-3 dates, or honey or maple syrup depending on the mood.
6. Some recipes use natural yoghurt for a smoothie, which I never get, because if you will keep it even for 10 minutes you can see the fruit juice and the yoghurt seperates. This will happen with any sour fruit. I am not a big fan of that. If I want a yoghurt drink then I make Lassi.
7. Enjoy. These can be very well taken in a mason jar or a glass bottle to work as well. Homemade are less sugar and rather cheap.