Sprouting is a very easy way of germinating lentils, seeds, beans, chic-peas etc. It is a very easy way of having greens at home. I sprout my moon beans, Fenugreek and Indian chic peas all the time. You can do so many interesting things with these sprouts like eat them raw in a salad, steamed made into a chat, as a vegetable and so many other things. I am slowly going to put my recipes from the sprouts but first here is the way how to do it at home. This time I have made three different kinds and they are green moon, fenugreek and Indian Chicpea or Chana.
Here is what you will need:
1 tbsp of Fenugreek seeds/Methi
1 cup of green Moong
cup of Chicpea/Chana
1. First of all find three different glass vases or bowls where in you can soak these things separately.
2. I have taken a glass bottle, one glass bowl and one glass Vase (gifted by T for Christmas:)
3. Put the Fenugreek in the smallest glass container and the other two stuff accordingly.
4. Wash these things separately and see that the water is clean.
5. Cover them with enough cold water, cover it with a fine muslin and let them sit in water overnight.
6. Next day, throw the water in which they were soaked, fill the pots again with fresh water in order to rinse them, and again take out all the water from the pots, its best to do it under a sieve.
6. Cover all the three pots with the fine muslin again and let them sit for the whole 24 hours.
7. Next day morning you can already see the sprouts coming out.
8. Now you can also start using them at this stage but if you want longer sprouts like I had then you can keep repeating the process for the next 3 days and on the third day morning you will see the beans with a good sporut and on the 4th day they will be absolutely beautiful. You could actually start to braid them too! Just kidding! But you know what I mean.
9. Be creative and cook them however you fancy.
10. They make a great base for summer salad, summer parties and also a breakfast.
11. I blanch them with a tsp of salt and half a teaspoon of turmeric, add some black pepper and lime juice and there you have it.
Here are steps above and you can see how beautifully they come out, let me tell you its a work of patience but once you do it, you will love it.
I apologize for my bad quality pictures, these were from the first I phone. I am soon going to repalce them with my I phone 6 pictures.
Happy sprouting people and have a a lovely day.