Parsley & Avocado Pesto
Are you a fresh home made Pesto person or you dont mind buying a jar from the store. Years ago I used to buy Pesto but then my cousin from the United States visited us, and he showed me how he makes the Basil pesto! and Boy! we loved it. Since then there has been no looking back and I have been making of all sorts of Pesto.
This one is made with Italian Parsely and the Avocado addition inspiration I got from M. She also makes great Pesto. I took a big bunch of flat Parsely, an Avocado and some other things. It made a huge amount, with one normal and one small Maison jar full. You could definitely use this to make pasta for a family of 4 twice. I use it for pasta of course, but also as a Bruchetta topping, a spread for a Sandwich, a spread on the pizza with feta crumbled on the top and also mix in my salad dressings.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 big bunch of flat parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 hot green chili
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- few black peppers
- sea salt to taste
- big glog of olive oil plus more
- about 1/4 cup of pasta water
- handful of hazelnuts
- juice of half lime
1. Pluck the leaves of the parsley, then wash it, this way its easier for me as the leaves dont get stuck together.
2. First grind the hazelnuts with the salt and black pepper in a mixer.
3. Then add all the other ingredients in the mixer and give it a blitz.
4. Fill the pesto in the jars and cover them up with some olive oil.
5. Use it as required and keep it covered. Enjoy.
6. These little cute masion jars also make great gifts when you are invited for dinners or for a foodie friend.
PS: honestly who doenst love Maison Jars, I think they are the best, sometimes I have to make little things so that I can fill them up for my fridge and of course for gifts too!