Moong Sprout Salad/One pot meal
I was super hungry after doing tonnes of things for the morning and still had loads to do but was not in the mood for a big cooking, as I was alone for lunch too. But I sure wanted to eat something filling, fresh and easy. So I started hunting in the fridge and I found freshly made Sprouts and of course some veggies and BINGO! I thought lets do a sprout salad. It was a one pot meal of good protein (sprouts) carbs(potato) and fresh veggies.
Here is what I needed for one serving:
- a small bowl of sprouts (I took Moong ones)
- one boiled potato, cubed
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- half of English cucumber, cubed
- 1 very small red onion, finely chopped
- handful of fresh coriander (i didn't had any :(
- about half a tsp of grated ginger
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- juice of half lime
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a big pinch of black salt
- salt and pepper to blanch the sprouts
1. Take the sprouts in a small pan, wash them and blanch them in half a cup of water with salt and turmeric for 2-3 minutes, put them in a sieve and drink the extra drained water, it tastes great and has nutrients in it too.
2. Chop the veggies in small mouth sized bites and put them in a bowl.
3. Add the cooled sprouts to the bowl too.
4. Add all the spices, oil, lime juice, fresh coriander and grated ginger to the bowl.
5. Mix them all well and Viola! You are ready to dig in a super simple one pot meal for your lunch.